Suzuki summer institutes are special camps that provide an intensive musical experience for families with children who currently study an instrument through the Suzuki Method. Institutes are located in all regions of the U.S. and Canada, offering activities for students, parents and teachers in one-week sessions throughout the summer. Families enjoy attending the institute together and participating in a wide range of musical and enrichment activities. For teachers, institutes offer Suzuki training for both prospective teachers who desire an introduction to the method and experienced teachers who wish to expand their knowledge and receive fresh inspiration.
SAA-approved summer Suzuki institutes follow specific SAA guidelines in providing training for teachers, and activities for students and parents. Institutes are sponsored by independent organizations, schools, and programs throughout the U.S. and Canada. Festivals in Latin America offer similar opportunities.
The 2015 Summer Institute season was a great success! Thanks to all of you who attended. Sign up now for 2016 Institutes. In the list that follows, those that offer teacher training are highlighted in red.
Colorado Suzuki Institute, Beaver Creek, Colorado
- June 20-25, 2016: Students
Virginia Suzuki Institute, Emory, Virginia
- June 19-23, 2016: Students
- June 18-25, 2016: Teacher Training — Book 1, Delaine Fedson Leonard
DFW – WOW Suzuki Institute, Fort Worth, Texas
- July 1-5, 2016: Students
- July 1-5, 2016: Teacher Training — Book 2, Phala Tracy
Utah Suzuki Harp Institute, Logan, Utah
- July 10-15, 2016: Students
- July 10-15, 2016: Teacher Training — Book 2, Mary Kay Waddington
- July 10-15, 2016: Teacher Training — Book 3, Kathy Kienzle
American Suzuki Institute, Stevens Point, Wisconsin
- July 17-23, 2016: Students
- July 17-23, 2016: Teacher Training, Book 4, Delaine Fedson Leonard